- Funding for this non-profit website is provided by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the County of Lambton.
This page was reviewed or revised on Monday, June 6, 2016 9:58 AM
Some people have risk factors that increase their risk of skin cancer. Risk factors vary for types of skin cancer, but some risk factors include:
- Indoor tanning
- Easily sunburn
- History of sunburns, especially before 18 years old
- Spending a lot of time outdoors
- Red or blonde hair
- Light-coloured eyes
- Freckle easily
- Having many moles
- Personal or family history of skin cancer
- Certain health problems and medications
My CancerIQ will assess your skin cancer risks and offers ways to reduce them.
Related links on this Website:
Underlying Health Problems