- Funding for this non-profit website is provided by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the County of Lambton.
Physical Activity in the Workplace
This page was reviewed or revised on Friday, March 6, 2015 3:39 PM
| || |
For many of us, most of our waking hours are spent at work. So it is quite simple to see that the way we balance work and family has a great impact on our health.
Why Physical Activity at Work?
More and more employers are recognizing their role in promoting the health of their employees and recognize that workplace physical activity programs:
- Reduce health care costs and insurance premiums
- Reduce the number of accidents on the job
- Reduce worker’s compensation claims
- Lower turnover rates
- Act as an incentive to recruitment