- Funding for this non-profit website is provided by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the County of Lambton.
- Click here to visit The Corporation of the County of Lambton.
Sources of Information for Health Care Professionals
This page was reviewed or revised on Monday, January 13, 2014 10:51 AM
Environmental Health & Prevention Services
Helpful Travel Links
Canadian Immunization Guide, 7th ed. 2006 & Evergreen Edition
- complete text of the National Advisory Committee on Immunization's publication, available in English and in French
- includes epidemiological data, recommended usage, and scheduling information for all travel and routine immunizations licenced in Canada
- updates to the Guide can be found at: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/publicat/cig-gci/index-eng.php (homepage for the Evergreen edition of the Canadian Immunization Guide)
Travel Medicine Program - Public Health Agency of Canada
- includes information on international disease outbreaks
- immunization recommendations for international travel
- general health advice for international travellers
- disease-specific treatment and prevention guidelines
- link: Travel Health Advisories
CATMAT Statements (Committee to Advise on Tropical Medicine & Travel)
- current travel health statements available in English and French from the Committee to Advise on Tropical Medicine and Travel including CATMAT's Guidelines for the Practice of Travel Medicine (1999).
Canada Communicable Disease Report (CCDR)
- weekly publication that includes NACI statements, disease incidence data and outbreak notifications
- issues from 1995 to present available electronically
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- includes information on disease outbreaks around the world, geographic health recommendations and information on specific diseases