This page was reviewed or revised on Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:27 AM
The Vaccine Storage and Handling Protocol under the Ontario Public Health Standards, issued under the authority of the Health Protection and Promotion Act, requires public health units to:
The purpose of cold chain incident and routine (annual) inspections is to:
|For questions about vaccine orders or pickup call 519-383-8331 ext. 3558 or toll free 1-800-667-1839.|
Health-care providers can download and print the vaccine order form (PDF) here.
• Lambton Public Health provides vaccine delivery agents with a proper cooler, 2 ice blankets, 4 blue ice packs and a digital max-min thermometer. These items are required for vaccine release.
• The temperature of the cooler must be between +2°C and +8°C for a vaccine order to be released.
• The Ontario Vaccine Storage and Handling Guidelines provide detailed instruction on how to pack an insulated cooler.
• Lambton Public Health will hold orders for a maximum of 2 weeks. If an order is not picked up within this time period, it will be placed back into our general inventory.
Vaccine should be returned to Lambton Public Health if:
• The vaccine has expired, been exposed, or needs to be disposed properly.
• Your office has a cold chain break or exposure. Call Lambton Public Health before returning the vaccine.
The Vaccine Storage and Handling Guidelines assist all health-care providers with proper storage and handling instructions for provincially funded vaccines. Prior to storing vaccine, health-care providers are required to understand and meet the vaccine storage and handling requirements.